Unfortunately, summer weather in Sweden is totally unpredictable. The forecast for this week is rain, rain and more rain... However, today turned out to be sunny. So we decided to pack our lunch and go for a picnic and pick strawberries! Yippee! Finally a chance to get out of the apartment!
So after some research on the Internet to find new picnic place (and hopefully a new swimming place), hubby located one which is about 20 mins drive away. We had some minor problems in finding the place because it is really out in nowhere! I finally spotted a tiny handmade sign by the road which says "Bad" (Swim in Swedish) and hubby had to make a 3-point turn since we had already driven pass. The place was quite secluded and there were only 2 cars packed there when we arrived.
The place turned out to be quite nice and we will definitely be back to swim!
We brought hotdogs with bread, drink, fruits and some candies! There were dark clouds passing by while we were eating and the wind started blowing and we were freezing! However, in front of us were 3 kids with their dad, dad in shorts and tshirt and his children were just in swimming trunks and bikini, walking around enjoying the summer....
After eating and checking out the place a little more, we decided to pack up and go. The ground was wet from the rain for the past 2 days and the wind didn't seem like it was gonna stop. While we were walking towards the car, the sun came out shinning happily and the wind stopped... things like this always happen... *shake head*
Next stop, the strawberry farm. It wasn't so crowded when we arrived, maybe the strawberry season is almost over now because of the rain. We picked up a carton box and strawberries here we come!
This is the first time we have been to pick our own strawberries and kiddos are quite excited.
Ivan had a lot of fun eating more than he was picking!
Well, we were all eating and picking at the same time! ^_^
Strawberries looked so pretty hanging from the stalks!
I found a big one!
Strawberry flower.
After awhile, we had picked enough for us. Angel and I are the only ones who are interested in strawberries, Jovan and hubby will only eat a few. After weighing, it was about 700g but they charged a minimum of 32kr/kg (approximately S$5.90/kg), so we paid the minimum amount and went home happily with our strawberries!
On our way home, we swung by the supermarket to pick up ice cream to eat with the strawberries tonight! Yum!
Angel cleaning the strawberries we picked.
Dinner was a simple fare tonight since I'm lazy (^_^ I feel like I should be on vacation as well!), so we had teriyaki pork and fried eggs with onions. And as always I forgot to take pictures so had to take a picture of Angel's plate instead!
And when I was done with the dishes, I turned to look out of the balcony and saw this!
There were actually 2 rainbows but I was too slow to catch the other one before it disappeared.
Today was a good day!








No comments:
Post a Comment