Background

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

A day with Ivan

My mother-in-law came and fetched Jovan and Angel yesterday to stay at her place till this Sunday. So Ivan can have my undivided attention for a few days.

We start the day as usual - Ivan poking/hitting us with his small hand and says,"Mum mum mum." The minute he opens his eyes, he wants food, it's just amazing... Then we go through the normal routine, brush teeth, had breakfast and said bye to daddy, who had to go to work.

After daddy went to work, playtime starts. Today Ivan found out that the spray is just a coolest toy in the world. He was spraying at everything..... (including himself and then giggle with delight from the cold water...)


Helping mommy to clean the cabinet - what a sweetie pie!


Er... he felt that mommy's foot needed to be clean as well....

Then Ivan sits in front of the TV to watch his favorite children's programme, one about the racing car named Rorri and another about a sheep named Shaun. After these programmes, I turned off the TV and we played with his toys a little. I'll leave him to play by himself after awhile, while I go sweep the floor/put clothes into the washing machine to wash/dryer to dry/wash up dishes from breakfast. He recently discovered the fun and excitement of chasing after flies, so that usually will keep him occupied for some time.

Around 12pm or 1pm is his lunch time, I'll give him a bottle of baby food (his favorites are spaghetti with meat sauce/lasagna/spaghetti with meatball). After lunch, is his nap time and he'll sleep for 1 - 2 hours.

When he is sleeping then I can surf the internet, check on Facebook, read the paper thoroughly (usually I glimpse through in the morning first) and prepare the ingredients I need for dinner (that is if I have already figured out what to cook by then!). Usually while I'm in the midst of doing all these, I'll hear,"Mamma....mamma...." from the bedroom. So the little prince wakes up, continues playing with his toys and I usually will be out on the balcony with him if the weather is good. He'll usually walk around, peep at the neighbours, chasing after bugs/bees/flies/ants. Around 3pm I'll give him something small to eat.

Today's snack is Dorayaki with nutella and his favorite drink - milk!


Sometimes we will have tea break on the balcony. But today, he decided to play hide-and-seek while having tea break.

And so to make sure that I don't get nutella all over the apartment, I turned on the TV to "secure" him in one spot!


After tea break and cleaning up, Ivan continues "demolishing" the apartment....


Putting his toys on top of things which he knows he's not allowed to... daddy is not going to be happy when he sees this....

Sometimes I'll give him pencil and paper to draw on, but it usually ended up that I have to follow him around to make sure he doesn't draw on the wallpaper....

At around 5.30pm, I'll usually get Jovan and Angel to play with him while I make dinner but today, hubby is not coming home for dinner today so I can skip that.

Ivan's dinner time is around 6pm, which coincides with his favorite programme - one with strange creatures and extremely boring storyline (almost like teletubbies!). It lasts about 30mins which is enough for him to finish dinner (which can be bottled babyfood or if I'm cooking, home cooked food).

After dinner is bath and if daddy is home, we'll watch TV together and it is also "winding down" time for kiddos. At around 8pm, kiddos brush their teeth and then off to bed at 8.30pm (9.30pm during school holiday). Ivan follows the same routine as Jovan and Angel for the "before-bedtime" ritual. And by 9pm, usually all 3 will be sleeping and I'll finish whatever housework I was doing, fold the clothes/wash dishes/etc and go for a shower.

However, since Jovan and Angel are away and hubby is coming home late. I gave Ivan a bath and chased him around the apartment to brush his teeth. I then heated up the leftover food from last night and fried an egg for my dinner. When I'm done with my dinner, I sat down to watch TV and talking/singing to Ivan. He fell asleep at 8pm. And I continued with my housework and took a shower.

Once everything has quiet down, my mind started wondering.... Has it been just 1 day since Jovan and Angel are away? I wonder what they did today (I think they went swimming.), what did they eat and are they having fun? (I'm very sure they are!) I'm missing them already!

No comments:

Post a Comment