The "advertisement" says:
"Hi!
Jovan and Angel want to have summer job to get a little money. We can go for walks with small dogs and clean your carpets. We can also clean 1 or 2 rooms! Vi can also water your flower if you want."
Hubby and I were pleasantly surprise to know that they're willing to exchange labor for money, which should be the correct way to earn money. However, we think that both of them are way too young to do anything for strangers. Hubby talked to them to let them know that we're really glad to know that they have the intention to work for money, but they're still too young to do summer job, so we'll wait till they're a little older.
This got me thinking, will they develop this entrepreneurship if we are living in Singapore? Honestly, I don't think so. Environment plays a big part in moulding a child's behavior and character. I'm happy that they get a chance to enjoy their childhood and get their education in Sweden. It doesn't matter that some of my family and friends think that Singapore's education system produces better results, hubby and I believe that as long as they do their best and hopefully completed at least university, they will be as competent as Singaporean in the job market. At the end of the day, we only have one goal - character building and development of creativity are more important than academic achievement.








So sweet & sensible of both your kiddies
ReplyDelete