We have been doing this toilet training on and off for the past few months now. Initially, Ivan was quite reluctant to go to the toilet. Then he was ok to sit on it, and he'll sit on it for ages, singing, talking but just not doing what he was supposed to do on the toilet bowl.... *shake head*
This morning, I changed him out of his diaper and put on underwear for him. We were sitting at the breakfast table eating and then hubby and I both heard water dripping... Oh no, he peed in his underwear again. Hubby swept him up and ran (well, the toilet is just a few steps away from the kitchen, our apartment is not so big! ^.^) to the toilet and put him on the toilet bowl. He then told him that he should pee in the toilet bowl and not on the floor. Ivan was really afraid that daddy got angry. Hubby then proceed to make him say "kissa på toaletten" (pee in the toilet) and try to get him to understand the idea. And meanwhile, I was mopping the floor, wondering quietly how long it'll take before Ivan understands. He needs to just make it happen once and he'll understands, but when?
After the "accident", we continued eating. After about 20mins, I asked him if he needed to go toilet. He looked at me and said,"没有kissa." (No pee) Yeah, my kids are speaking a mixture of Mandarin, Swedish and English to me.... *sigh* Shortly after that, he looked at daddy, looking sad and daddy could tell that he needed to pee. So off they went to the toilet and it happened! It finally happened!
I joined them in the toilet to "celebrate"! (yeah, the silly stuff parents do to encourage their kids...) So we were clapping hands and cheering him, every time more pee came out. Ivan was very happy, he must be thinking how easy it is to please his parents, he just needs to pee!
So we finished the whole process, wipe, flush and wash hands. I put up a piece of paper on the toilet door.
And Ivan gets a sticker to show that he has been a big boy!
I know he'll continue to fill up this paper with more stickers, he's a smart boy!
Well done sweetie!








No comments:
Post a Comment