Today, he turns 3. His vocabulary has expanded a lot since he started going to school. He still mixes with his own "language" sometimes but now, he's able to tell us what he does in school and his favorite activity in school is bicycling. In school, teachers say that he is a well-behaved little boy, who is willing to share toys and take care of smaller kids. At home, he is a sweetheart, who is never selfish in sharing a hug or a kiss. He is generally a happy, good-tempered and mostly a well-behaved little guy.
Last year, he was into Rorri, the race car. This year, he's one of his new favorite is train. I have been thinking of ordering him a train cake but in my ongoing attempt to save money, I decided to make one myself. As his birthday draws near, I started to feel stress because I'm not sure if I can pull it off. But as it turns out, everything seems to work out quite ok.
Today, we invited grandma to celebrate with us coz Ivan adores his farmor. He always talks about going to farmor. Hubby also invited his close friend, Olof and his family, over. Olof and Ulrika has a new baby whom we haven't had the chance to meet till today, and their eldest son, Julian, is about a year younger than Ivan and we thought that it'd be a good idea to get them to play more often with each other.
Now, time for pictures!
Some decoration which is kind of the usual because we can't put tape on the wall paper.... wish we'll have our own house soon! Then we can really put up decorations!
I tried to dye an red egg for him since I have a lot of red food coloring dye left and red egg is for good luck, but it turned out to be a pretty pastel violet.... hmmmm....
This is the cake I baked! I think I did quite a good job! ^.^
He is 3!
Grandma came with a big box of train set!
Which they built around the table in the living room.... hmmmm...ok.....
He sure looks happy! *muack*
Olof and his family came with a radio-controlled car!
Just a simple "coffee and some cookies" party. And I baked Ivan's favorite egg tarts as well. Hubby bought another cake just to make sure that there's enough for everybody.
The birthday boy with his train cake and train candles!
We had MacDonald's for dinner (too lazy to cook! :P) And after dinner, it's time to open presents from daddy!
A really cool and fun camera with built-in memory space, so he can really take pictures (quality is not so good though, but it's a TOY camera!), make video, play games and there's even photo editor! I want to be born in this generation!!!!
A baby walker. I know he's too old for this but he enjoys "transporting" his toys round, so we thought that this will be a good "trolley" for him.
Daddy got him the same train set he has in school, except that this one runs on battery! He really loves this set, he has been taking a lot of pictures of this train with his new camera! So cute!
Boys will always be interested in trains - regardless of age! ^.^
Today turns out to be a relaxing day (except in the morning when we were busy with cleaning and I was stressed out with decorating the train and baking egg tarts). Most importantly, Ivan seems to be very happy.
He wanted to sleep with a balloon earlier. Why did we spend so much on his present? We should just buy him balloons...








I love that cake. You are getting pro man.
ReplyDeleteHahahaha! Paiseh lah, 献丑了! Not pro lah, frosting skill is still as horrible as before! Maybe should start learning how to use fondant/sugar paste...
ReplyDeleteWow ! Brave woman. Nice cake & Great Job !
ReplyDeleteTime flies huh ... Happy belated birthday Handsome