Angel has been talking about it since August. Initially she was hesitant in participating coz she thought that she is not good in any of the events. I told her to get a few of her friends and just sign up for the fun of doing it. So finally, she decided to take part in long jump, together with 2 of her other classmates.
It was the beginning of autumn kind of weather that day - cloudy, slightly windy and it was a little cold. According to the paper we got from the school, Angel's event should start at 11.40am, however, when we arrived, we were told that her event was supposed to start at 12.55pm instead. That was annoying especially when we have a toddler and a baby who needed to be on the go constantly! They really should look into organizing this event in a better way with clear instructions to the schools and also directional signs at the location, so people won't walk around like they are on the set of "Lost"...
Ok, I should stop complaining and get on with the pictures, which are more fun! ^.^
Angel wasn't so nervous that day.
It is tricky to get them to take a "look-friendlier-to-each-other" kinda picture nowadays...
Angel did some running before her event started to warm up...
Angel, her best friend, Sanica and her classmate Alicia, all took part in the same event.
While waiting for Angel's event to start, Jovan entertained himself at the expense of his little brother... just kidding, Jovan was a great help in pushing the pram around with Chris screaming at the top of his lungs and keeping Ivan entertained. ^.^
Angel in action!
They got 2 trial jumps and 3 actual jumps and they'd take the best result of the 3 jumps. Angel's best was 1.63m. After Angel finished her third jump, hubby wanted to go home. I told him we should wait to see if she got into the final. Finally, after everybody has finished jumping, I wanted to go check on the board to see if Angel was in the final.
Hubby, who has gotten restless of waiting, told me, not in these exact words but something to the same effect,"Well, you know there is a minimum distance they have to reach to be able to be qualify into the final."
I looked at him and asked,"So you know the minimum distance required?"
He nodded and replied,"And I think we can go now."
But I think Angel had fun and the point is that she tried.
Well done Angel! 1.63m is much better than mommy! I can probably jump about 50cm, and that's probably (HIGHLY possible actually!) due to the "extras" (think cheese cakes, chocolates, chips....)I'm carrying.... =.="








No comments:
Post a Comment