The lesson is on every Tuesday, from 5pm to 6.30pm. And in my attempt to be slightly independent, I requested for a bicycle from hubby, which he gladly agreed! (I think he's quite happy to not driving me around...) So I got my bicycle! Look, it's sparkling new!
I was hesitant about bicycling coz the last time I bicycled was.... too long for me to remember! But I was determined to do it.
28 Sept finally arrived! I had already knew the route from my place to the school, even though it is a driving route, I decided to take that one anyway, I don't want to be lost somewhere and miss my first lesson. Hubby came home earlier than usual to take over. I got dressed and before I got out of the door, hubby stopped me to strap on the dorky helmet on me... oh well, if it makes him feel better, so be it.
I was bicycling for a while when I thought that it'll be good to do a time check (coz I was bicycling quite leisurely...:P) One glance at the time, I panic! I have 15mins to get to the school. So I was peddling like a mad woman! Panic and peddling is not good together, my heart felt like it's gonna burst and I thought I was going to faint! I had to stop several times. The thing about bicycling along the main road is that there was a lot of after-work traffic. Those people sitting comfortably in their "peddling-free" cars must be looking at me and getting amused. (it could just be in my head though!) I was feeling so self-conscious, that I whipped out my phone and pretended to tap at it... *loser*
At exactly 5pm, I arrived and parked my bicycle. Then I realised that I need to figure out which room it is. All the entrances to the school were locked! I was walking around when a girl saw me and let me in. She then told me that the room was on the 4th floor. I dragged my now-getting-seriously-jellied-like legs up to the 4th floor but still couldn't find any rooms which was opened. I called my friend. She said that it should be on the 2nd floor and she has put up a sign on the door that said, "Belly dance". So down I went to the 2nd floor but still no one was around, the place was just deserted. I called my friend again. She suggested for me to go out and she'd come and fetch me. Feeling really bad for interrupting her, I waited outside. After some time of making my poor friend, who was dressed for belly dancing - sleeveless, half-cropped top, capri pants and a belly dancing sash tied around her hips, walking around outside of the building in the cold and windy autumn weather, I figured out that I may have gone to the wrong school.... I caught a couple walking by and asked... "Folkungaskolan? It's on the other side of the road." Of course....
I took some more time to finally find the right school and the right building. Looking at the building, I totally understood why my friend was so bewildered when I told her I was on the 4th floor - the building has only 2 floors... =.="
I think there are enough embaressment in this post, I'll post more about me on my first belly dancing (it was more like "jiggling the wrong body parts and flapping my arms around like a crazy bird" for me..) lesson very soon. Stay tuned! That is, if you haven't fall asleep reading this post... :P








Hey, must post a video on it! ;)
ReplyDeleteI was too focus in trying to move the right body parts, no time to take video! But maybe I can find some on youtube to help explain the moves better! ^.^
ReplyDelete