So after some frantic, last minute cleaning of our always messy apartment, I managed to squeeze in some time to bake an apple crumble (hubby's all-time favorite!), so we can have coffee and apple crumble when MIL arrives. And when she arrived, she brought with her - APPLE CRUMBLE as well! What a coincidence! I should have made egg tarts instead!
And as always when my MIL comes for a visit, the topic of how it is possible to live in an apartment for a family of 6, will come up. Then we'll look on the internet for some houses and do some calculation, just for the fun of it. However, this time, hubby and I really fell in love with a house we saw at the place we like!!!!

(picture taken from www.svenkfast.se)

(picture taken from www.svenkfast.se)
This is a 3-storey house and it has 6 bedrooms, a huge kitchen and spacious living room. It is located at Ljungsbro, which is about 15km away from Linköping. The reason why both hubby and I like Ljungsbro is because the landscape has got slopes and hills, unlike Linköping which is basically just flat.
We like this house so much, we actually packed everybody into the car (including my MIL, but she sat herself in, we don't have to pack her in... why am I explaining this? I don't know...) and drove to check it out! And seeing this house for real just made our hearts ache with wanting... It costs almost 3 million Swedish crown, which is roughly SGD 600,000. I know my friends and family living in "land-deprived" Singapore will scream at this point,"What?! That's a steal! How can a big house be so cheap?!" Well, Sweden is huge, my friends.... Anyway, we can't afford it at this point, maybe in another year or two... So for now... we can just look at the picture of this house and drool... I mean dream....
After our "dreamy" drive, we dropped by the supermarket to get chips and something to make for dinner. After dinner, we planted ourselves in front of the tv, watching a program on the 2 possible Prime Minister candidates (1 is the current Prime Minister, Fredrik Reinfeldt and the other is Mona Sahlin, who could be possibly the first female Prime Minister of Sweden! Girl Power!), followed by a comedy talkshow "Parlamentet" which makes fun of the government/politicians through ridiculous debates, very funny!
The next day, we woke up early to have breakfast before walking to the kiddos' school to vote. Being a non-citizen who has been living here for more than 3 years, I can vote for the county council and the municipality, which is a good thing because any decision made at any of these 2 levels will have a direct impact on us. Jovan and Angel also took the opportunity to show farmor their school and Angel showed off her craft project, a crocheted pig, which is currently on display at the entrance to the school cafeteria.
On the way there, my sweet Taiwanese neighbour, Shu Ping, passed me some Teochew-style mooncakes with green bean fillings, which she made herself! These are really good, even hubby likes it! I'm so blessed! ^.^
Actually she tried to call me the day before, wanting to ask if I would like to make mooncakes with her. However, I left my phone at home when we were out driving. So when I returned her call the next morning, she told me that she has mooncakes for me! ^.^ We have also planned to make mooncakes with red bean paste either tomorrow or the day after! I've never make mooncakes before, this is so exciting! *rubbing hands together*
We're waiting for the result of the election as I'm typing this post. We'll continue to dream of our big house and at the same time hoping for a better change in the political climate of Sweden.








No comments:
Post a Comment