Background

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Our Princess Turns 9... 我们的公主九岁了。。。

I know I just blogged about Jovan's birthday, because I was so overdue with that! So and now I'm blogging Angel's birthday on time!
我知道我才刚写了有关Jovan的生日篇。那是因为我迟得太离谱了!所以我现在赶紧准时地发上有关Angel的生日篇!

I don't know how she got from being just 5 yesterday, to 9 today... they grow up so fast! Parents are contradicting creatures - one minute we are nagging at them that it's about time to grow up and grumbling how long it takes before they will grow up and the next minute, we're astonished at the rate they're growing . It feels like yesterday when she was still a small toddler who constantly wanted mommy to carry her, who screamed and yelled when mommy left home for work, who would sit outside the bathroom door crying for mommy when mommy was taking a shower, to this 9 year-old girl today, who is familiar with the pop songs these days, talking to her friends about boy bands/pop singers, has a strong interest in fashion and likes to paint her nails.
我还真搞不清楚,她昨天还是个五岁的娃娃,怎么今天就九岁了...。。。他们长大得太快了!做父母的都是矛盾的 - 前一分钟我们还唠叨他们该是时候长大了,抱怨着巴不得他们赶快长大,可是下一分钟我们骇然地发现他们成长的速度太快了。昨天她还是个常常要妈妈抱的娃娃。当妈妈离家上班去时,她又哭又闹。当妈妈下班回家后,进厕所冲凉时,她赖在门外哭着要妈妈。今天她九岁了,是个对流行歌曲了如指掌,爱和朋友聊有关流行歌手的动向,对潮流有着浓厚的兴趣和爱搽指甲油的女孩。

Hubby and I both woke up with headaches in the morning. Chris has caught the cold from Ivan and has been waking up crying several times during the night, so both hubby and I are seriously sleep-deprived . We woke up later than the kids and went straight for pain-killers, so Angel didn't get "Breakfast-in-bed". Sorry princess, will serve you one next year, mommy promise!
我和老公早上都因为头痛而迟起床。Chris被Ivan感染了也开始伤风咳嗽,夜里起来哭闹了几次,所以我和老公都严重缺睡眠。我们比孩子们迟起,而且一起床就找止痛药,因此Angel没能得到"在床上享用早餐"的优待。对不起啊,公主。妈咪答应你明年一定为你送上爱心早餐!



Jovan was the first one to wish Angel happy birthday by giving her a card he made. Inside it says "Congrats, congrats, congrats on (your) birthday! You are 9 years old NOW!"
Jovan是第一个祝她生日快乐的。他做了一张卡片,里面写了“祝贺、祝贺、祝贺你的生日!你现在九岁了!


He also made a drawing of the logo for the football team AC Milan for her. Angel is happy with it, she put it up on the door.
他也画了AC米兰的球队标志送给她。Angel很开心地把它贴在门上。


Farmor and Roy were able to make it today to celebrate Angel's birthday with us. And as always, they came with presents not just for the birthday girl but also for Jovan and Ivan. Angel got a scooter.
奶奶和Roy今天正好有空来和我们一起为Angel庆祝生日。向往常一样地,他们不止带了礼物给小寿星,也带了礼物给Jovan和Ivan。Angel收到了一辆滑板车。


Jovan got a watch, which is the same one as Roy has!
Jovan收到了一只手表,而且还是和Roy 一模一样的款式!


Ivan got what he likes most - anything with wheels!
Ivan对任何有轮子的东西都喜欢!


Some of the presents she got to open in the afternoon (we try to spread the presents throughout the day, so they feel that they're getting presents the whole day, which is rather nice) - crocheted koala bear keychain and penguin which she requested.
中午时她开了一部分的礼物 (我们尽量把礼物分配一下,好让他们一整天都有礼物收,可以开心一整天嘛),有针钩的树熊和她要求的企鹅。


A football.
一粒足球。

Angel requested Burger King for dinner, just like Jovan did. But I forgot to take picture because I was decorating her birthday cake at that time.
Angel跟Jovan一样点了Burger King当晚餐。不过我当时正忙着为她的蛋糕做点缀,所以忘了拍照。


A cake with Hello Kitty picture printed on sugar-paste paper. This time I sprayed it with a little water and piped (very poor piping skills...) some cream at the edge to stop it from curling up. Finally a cake decent-looking enough! The trophy candle was also from my brother.
蛋糕放上了Hello Kitty的图案。这次我喷了一点水和挤上了奶油(功夫太差了。。。)在旁边不让它有机会卷起。终于有个比较像样的蛋糕了! 蛋糕上的奖杯性的蜡烛也是老弟上次带来的。


She's 9...
都九岁了。。。


And still can't pose properly for mommy to take a nice picture!
还是不能好好地让我拍张照!


More presents!
更多的礼物!


Among them, a pair of Hello Kitty shoes...
其中有 Hello Kitty的鞋。。。


LIPS game for the Xbox from Eric...
Eric送的LIPS游戏。。。


And according to Angel, her favorite present is the purse which mommy made for her... after she unwrapped it and saw the purse, the look on her face makes everything worth it.
Angel说她最喜欢的礼物是老妈为她做的小钱包。。。当她打开看到小钱包时,她脸上的表情让我感觉到一切都是值得的。


She unzipped it and saw the label inside and gave me a big hug! I'm glad you like it princess.
她打开小钱包,看到了里面的小标签。上面写着“妈妈的爱心之作”(大概上这个意思)。她马上给了我一个拥抱! 公主,你喜欢就好。

Hubby is really dreading that Angel is growing up. If he can decide, I think he'd want her to stay small forever, even though it means that he will have to put up with her nagging about the smallest stuff and constant talking. Unfortunately, this will never happen, soon she'll be a teenager, having relationship issues, coping with stress from schoolwork, spending more time with her friends than with her family, etc., something we have all gone through when we were growing up. That's why I have been trying to prepare hubby mentally for that day to arrive by talking about what kind of boys I hope Angel will pick as her boyfriend, what kind of teenager I think she'll be, etc. Unfortunately, everytime when I talk about things like that, hubby will freak out, he'd either cover his ears and ask me to stop or look at me, dead-serious and say,"Stop saying stuff like that." The fact is, our little princess is growing up baby, so brace yourself!
老公实在不愿意Angel长大。如果他能做主的话,我想他会要她永远都这么小。就算要永远地听她为了小事而唠叨个不停,或是她叽查不停的性格,他都愿意。不幸的这是不可能的事。很快的她就会是青少年了,经历男女关系的苦恼、面对学业上的压力、跟朋友在一起的时间比家人还多,这也都是我们对成长时所经历过的。因此我试着让老公早点做好心里准备。我偶尔会谈谈希望将来Angel的男朋友会是怎么样的、她的青少年期将会是怎么样的,等等。不过每当我提起这些时,老公都会开始慌张起来。他要不就遮著耳朵,然后叫我不要在说了。要不就会很严肃地看着我说,“不要说这样的话。”." 我们的小公主将会长大, 所以亲爱的,还是振作起来面对现实吧!!

Happy Birthday Angel!
Angel 生日快乐!


Thank you for bring sunshine and laughter in our lives with your goofiness and sweetness, mommy and daddy can't tell you enough how much we love you!
谢谢你,因为你的滑稽和体贴,为我们的生活中带来了阳光和欢笑。爸爸和妈妈真的好爱、好爱你!!

No comments:

Post a Comment