Background

Monday, April 26, 2010

Counting my blessings... 细数我的幸福。。。

I've just celebrated my 35th birthday with my wonderful family and received lots of warm greetings from friends and families on FB.
我刚和我美好的家人一起庆祝我三十五岁的生日。也在 Facebook (肥湿布?) 上收到了许多朋友和海外家人温馨的祝福。

On Friday, I received cards from both my mother-in-law and my father-in-law and his wife. How sweet of them to remember!
上个星期五我就已经收到了家婆,家翁和他太太寄来的生日卡。好高兴他们还会记得我的生日!

My day started with breakfast in bed, brought in by hubby and the kids, singing birthday song. To protect my dear readers from possible heart attack, I will not post picture of me, looking like a crazy woman, having breakfast in bed. I had also received "small" presents to start off my special day.
我的生日由早餐开始。老公和孩子们唱着生日歌,把早餐捧进来,让我在床上享用。为了我亲爱读者的心脏着想,我就不把那张"疯婆子在床上吃早餐"的照片放上来了。我也收到了一些“小”礼物,作为我特别的一天的开始。

The "G-Force" hamster is done by Angel. She also wrote a letter to me. The book on amigurumi is from hubby. I could understand the hard time he had trying to describe what he was looking for to the sales assistant, since he didn't even know the difference between knitting and crocheting! The whisk is "from" Ivan. The sweet pink purse is from Jovan and the blue heart necklace is from Angel. They used their own money from their piggy banks to buy presents for me! How sweet! But then again, we have to set a budget for them next year... they shouldn't spend too much buying presents...
那"G-Force"的仓鼠是Angel上的色。她也写了一封信给我。那本关于钩针娃娃的书是老公选的。 我能想象当他试着向店员解释他要什么时所遇到的难处,因为他连针织和钩针都分不清楚! 打蛋器是 Ivan"送"的。那可爱、粉红色的小钱包是Jovan买的,而粉蓝色的项链是Angel买的。他们俩都用各自储蓄罐的钱买礼物给我。真贴心! 不过,明年我们一定要为他们设下预算。他们不应该花太多钱买礼物。。。

Angel drew a cake for me and somehow Ivan managed to have a go at it too with pencil. So she wrote on the side,"Ivan drew on the paper. Happy Birthday mom. I love you mom very very much."
Angel画了一个蛋糕给我,但不知什么时候Ivan也在同样的纸上"发挥"了一些创意。所以她特别在旁边注明,"Ivan画在纸上。生日快乐妈咪。妈我很爱、很爱你。"

I also received a card from all of them which is written by Angel,"Happy Birthday mom. Lots of hugs from Angel, Ivan, Chris, Jovan and Hubby."
他们也送上一张由Angel负责写的卡片。上面写着,"妈生日快乐。附上许多的拥抱,Angel, Ivan, Chris, Jovan 和老公"

My family back home also sent me a Precious Moments (my favorite!)card and hairclips. Thanks for remembering! Although I don't say it often enough, I love you all so much!
远在新加坡的家人也寄了张我最喜欢的Precious Moments生日卡,和发夹。谢谢你们记得我的生日! 虽然我不常说,不过我真的好爱你们哦!

After breakfast, Jovan and Angel went out to play with their friends. Chris fell asleep, Ivan was sitting having his full attention on the tv, watching "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" and hubby went out to "swing by" a place for awhile... So I had a moment of real calm and quiet, checking my emails, reading the birthday wishes sent to me on FB and replying to my friends. That was really nice!
吃了早餐后,Jovan 和 Angel出去和朋友玩。 Chris睡着了, Ivan全神贯注地看电视上正在播的“米老鼠俱乐部”。而老公说他必须去一个地方一下。。。 所以我有机会享有一下子的平静和安宁,上网查电邮、上“肥湿布”读朋友们写上的祝福和回复信息,感觉还真不错叻!

After lunch, hubby suggested that we finish with the "giving of presents", instead of waiting till after dinner and after having cake, which usually ends too late. So another round of presents!
午餐后,老公提议把礼物都发完。我们通常都等到晚餐后,才切蛋糕和送上其余的礼物,这么一下来时间都很迟了。所以我又有礼物收了!

I have been complaining for the longest time that my cooking pan is spoiled. It used to be non-sticking but nowadays, everything gets stuck in it! So hubby and kiddos gave me 2 bigger, non-stick cooking pans to compensate me. Goodbye scrambled egg omelette! Jovan made me a drawing of the car which has "Best mom" on the hood.
我为了烹饪锅坏了抱怨了很久。当初它还是个不沾底的好锅,如今它堕落成个不止什么都沾,还容易烧焦的烂锅! 因此老公和孩子们送了两个比较大,不沾底的新锅作为补偿。再见了,稀巴烂的煎蛋! Jovan 画了一辆车,引擎盖上还写上了“最好的妈妈”。

Hubby bought me a nice lamp which I can have it by the side of the sofa, where I always sit late at night, crocheting. So thoughtful of him!
老公送了一盏灯放在沙发旁,好让我晚上坐在那儿做钩针手工时能看得清楚。好细心哦!

Jovan bought me a mini sign which says,"Supergirl". Angel bought me a "Princess" pen and a cute bear keychain.
Jovan 买了个迷你"女超人" 牌子给我。Angel 则买了只印上了“公主”的原子笔和一个可爱的小熊钥匙圈。

The biggest present I received is always from my hubby. And this time I got a new HTC Hero mobile phone!
我最大的礼物总是老公送的。这次我收到了HTC Hero 手机!

Just have to show another picture of this beautifully designed phone. Thank you so much hubby! I love my new phone. Although you have always given me your old phone to use whenever you buy a new one, I have never complain about them because I don't need a fancy phone, just one which allows me to make/receive calls and send sms. And now, you actually bought me a new and expensive phone, I guess the "not-complaining" pays off!
没办法,这么漂亮对手机一定要再发上多一张照片。谢谢你啊,老公!我好喜欢我的新手机。 虽然每当你买新手机时,都把旧的给我用。可是我从没埋怨过因为我不需要花俏的,我只要一只能让我接收/拨打和发送简讯的手机。想不到你现在竟然买了一只又新又贵的手机给我。看来我的“不埋怨"换来了好结果!

After we were done with the presents, we went for a walk to the small pond which is near Jovan and Angel's school.
礼物都开完之后,我们散步到靠近Jovan 和 Angel 学校附近的小池塘。

We also brought some bread to feed the ducks in the ponds but the seagulls were getting more than those poor duckies!
我们也带了一些面包去喂池塘里的鸭子。不过海鸥吃得比鸭子还多,可怜的小鸭子们!

On the way home, we saw this! Some kids were trying to build a small hut between the rocks with branches!
在回家的路上,我们看到了这个! 附近的孩子们尝试用树枝在石头之间搭个小木屋!

Although the forest is still pretty bare and bald... 虽然森林还是蛮光秃的。。。

...flowers are definitely blooming now! 。。。不过野花已经开遍满地了!

I made dinner hoping to save money on take-outs. In comparision to Singapore, eating out or take-aways in Sweden are just too expensive.
为了省钱,我决定自己煮,不买外卖。在瑞典出外用餐或买外卖,和新加坡比起来实在太贵了。

I had my cake, which hubby bought while he was out driving, late at night when all the kids were already in bed. It's a pear cake which is surprisingly good and refreshing! Hubby and I had it with coffee - yum!
当孩子们都睡熟时,我们把老公出外驾驶时买的蛋糕拿出来切。他买了个梨子蛋糕。吃起来又清香又甜。我们配着咖啡吃 - 好吃!

Surrounded by all these love, I think I am fortunate!
被这么多的关爱围绕着,我想我是幸福的!

1 comment:

  1. awwwww...... you have it all Sylvia, how I envy you, but again, a nice person like you deserve a loving family and I'm so honored to get to know you.

    May God bless you & your family and keep you happy and healthy.

    Lots of Hugs & kisses from Italy

    ReplyDelete