I have to say that autumn is the season that I like the least, it is gloomy, rainy, cold, windy and muddy shoes. Hubby mentioned last night that it is time to bring out our "bunny shoes" - fluffy and warm indoor slippers which we usually wear from late autumn to early spring. I told him that mine had 1 missing sole, so I would really like to have new ones this year.
He said,"I bought them for you last year and now they're broken? Don't you like them?" "I do like them baby, I'll like them more if they're the same size." I replied. That kicked off a discussion of all my hubby's shopping mishap which made us laughed so hard, we almost woke up the neighbours!
I've always know that hubby really can't be bothered with shopping, his idea of shopping is to dash into a shop, grab whatever he needs and dash out - all done within 5 mins or less, if possible. His incompetence in shopping was really magnified when the family moved to Sweden 3 years ago. Some are minor ones like wrong brand or wrong quantity, others are just so ridiculously off that he got teased to no end by us!
When we just moved here, I told him to pick up shower cream for kiddos and reminded him that he needed to get one for sensitive skin because Jovan's skin was easily irritated by chemicals and weather (after living here for half a year, his skin and asthma problem just disappeared! Maybe it was because of the air quality, it is less polluted here than in Singapore). He came home with a bottle of shower cream, or so we thought... For several days after that, kiddos were complaining that the new "shower cream" wasn't good, it didn't produce any bubbles. We thought that kiddos were just complaining since they like to play with bubbles in the shower. Then I decided to just take a closer look at the bottle to make sure that we don't buy the same brand the next time. Hubby got it right by picking one for sensitive skin, but it wasn't shower cream he bought, it was MOISTURIZER! No wonder Angel was saying that she was oily after the shower!
During Christmas, I think was 2 years ago, he bought me a very cool, white Nike hooded sweater. I was really happy that he spent time to shop for clothes for me. When I pulled the sweater out from the wrapping paper, I was thinking,"Hmmm... looks kinda small...". When I tried it on later, the sleeves reached about 5cm away from my wrists and sweater stopped about 3 cm above my belly button... ok, I thought maybe he got the wrong size, I can just go back to change it. So I check the tag to see what size he bought... it was size M for JUNIORS!! I know I was slim (much slimmer than now!) then but was I sooooooo small in his eyes?! I decided to not change it because I had to pay much more for adult size. So that sweater became Jovan's present the following year instead and it fits him perfectly...
Last year, he surprised me with a new pair of bunny shoes since my old ones were so worn out and "holey". He brought Angel along since she is considered the next good shopper after me. They came home with a pair of nice looking, black wool slippers with embroidered flowers. My shoe size is 36 and one look at those slippers I knew they had gotten the wrong size, but it didn't matter since I was just having them indoor. When I tried them on I realized that the left one was size 38 and the right one was size 40... So I was wearing those really wrong-sized slippers and flopping around with them so much, the sole of the size 40 one finally came off, so what was left between my sole and the floor was a thin piece of wool...
Early this year, hubby and I decided to spring a big surprise on the kids by upgrading their Xbox to Xbox 360 and get them a Guitar Hero World Tour set. Kiddos were so excited when they saw 2 huge presents and they couldn't wait to tear off the wrapping paper. They were both dancing around when they found out what we had bought for them. Then Jovan said, "Daddy, the Guitar Hero is for Playstation 3." Daddy replied coolly, "Hmm....don't open it then, I'll go get it change to the right one."
I don't think he'll ever change (well, I don't think he feels the need to), so it will continue to be a interesting, hilarious and sometimes, worrying surprise when he's out shopping!
Friday, October 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment