Mom and I went shopping today to buy jeans for hubby and Jovan and also mom wanted to buy a new pair of shoes, since hers got busted on arrival to Sweden! ^_^ We went groceries shopping after that while hubby stayed home with kiddos. We thoroughly combed through the isles toady! Mom was curious about everything and was comparing things between Sweden and Singapore. "Wah all your vegetables are salad huh? Got nothing to stir-fry one meh?" "Got lah, but not so common, they sell once in awhile. Salad also can stir-fry mah." "Huh? Why all your fish got no bones one?" "Here supermarket mah, if want got bone one then go to fish monger to buy lor."
After what felt like 10 hours of walking up and down the isles, we finally completed our supermarket tour and queue to pay for our stuff. I put all the groceries onto the conveyor belt and asked mom to pack them into the plastic bags. "7 bags should be enough right?" "Huh? Just take lah" "Must pay one leh..." "What?!" I proceed to pay for our groceries and I walked over to mom to finish up the packing. She looked stressed out and she packed all 4 packs of 1.5l milk into 1 plastic bag! "Mom, it'll be tricky to carry this up 3 floors later." Mom replied, with a slight crazy look in her eyes,"Aiyah, never mind lah, I carry!" We finished packing and decided to stop for a hot-dog break while waiting for hubby to pick us up. "Wah piang eh! Here shopping so stressful one! Must pack ourselves! In S'pore, the cashier pack for us leh!" "Mom, I know, in case you forgot, I've been living in Singapore for 31 years leh." "I was so stressed out earlier! The things just keep coming and piling up!" Hahahahaha! Mom's first trip to the supermarket!
For dinner, mom wanted to cook again. I almost forgot to take picture, so pardon me for the "disaster look" ^_^.
Day 9
Woke up with headache today. Weather hasn't been so good for the past few days and today was windy and cloudy. Mom and Angel woke up. Looking at the wind blowing outside, mom suggested to go out to "enjoy" the wind. Coming from Singapore, it is very nice to be able to enjoy a breeze sometimes. However, we're in Sweden. The temperature was 13 degrees outside and it was windy - go figure. They walked out onto the balcony and dashed in after 30 seconds and jumped straight back into bed under the blanket...
I brought out the vacuum cleaner to vacuum the apartment but mom took over saying,"You're pregnant lah! I do." "Being pregnant is not a sickness leh... I also like that do when I was pregnant with Ivan mah..." "I wasn't here to look mah!" Ok lor... so nice to have mom here ^_^...
For dinner, I made stroganoff again. It's great that mom likes it, it is easy to cook!
Day 10
Weather was really good today, so we decided to go for a walk. Mom couldn't resist plucking the wild flowers,"Those we plucked the other day are dying mah..." Ok, so these are the flowers she plucked today.
Mom has been talking about trying my egg tarts for a long time. So I decided to make her some today while Ivan was taking his afternoon nap. They don't look so appealing but they are yummy!
After Ivan woke up and had his lunch, we decided to really enjoy the good weather and bring him down to run a little. He was chasing cat, squirrel, plucking leaves, trying to catch ants and tried to eat a bug, he was a busy baby!
I showed mom a very common tree here - pine tree. There are pine cones growing now and mom was pleasantly surprised. "We have to buy these during Christmas as decorations and you guys can just pick off the ground!" Yup, that's correct!
On the way, mom say more wild flowers and "attacked" them again! "In S'pore, we'll be fine S$500 for picking flowers. Here they're everywhere!" I think mom is a little obsessed... My small vase looks really crowded now...








u wrote see to say and tell the three kidos that we miss them MUCH !^^ when are you coming back ?*0*
ReplyDelete