11 June was the last day of school for Jovan and Angel before the school breaks for the long summer holiday. They were a little excited and woke up early to put on slightly nicer clothes for the end-of-school-year ceremony.
This year is special because mom is attending the ceremony with us and also, it's Jovan's first year to receive a recognition from the school by being the Student Representative (representing the Year 2 students).
Jovan and daddy gave Jovan's teacher a hug to thank her for another year of much appreciated good work.
Here's Angel in her classroom when her teachers are handing out some assignments to bring home which they have completed in school.
School is finally out and hello summer holiday! On the way back from the school, we saw some pretty wild flowers growing by the road. I told mom that she can pick them if she wants and she said,"No! I don't want to get fine!" But those are wild flowers! Nobody owns them! Typical law-abiding and government-fearing Singaporean! So Angel and I picked while mom dropped comments like,"This one is pretty, pick this one." "Pick that one over there." I trimmed them when we got back, put them in a vase and have them on the alter beside the holy family statue.
For dinner, mom volunteered to cook again (I swear! I'm not lying!). She made chicken rice with chicken rice mix from Kee's, store-bought BBQ chicken, onion fried eggs and stir-fried vegetable. Yum!
Day 6
It rained the whole day, not fun! Whatever happens to summer?! We didn't do much today and Jovan wanted to eat apple cake. So I made apple cake for tea break and we had it with vanilla sauce. Mom likes it. She told Angel,"I had to wait 34 years to taste your mommy's cooking and baking skills." Angel looked at her and said,"I had to wait for 5 years." ^o^
Since Ivan was taking his afternoon nap, mom and I took one of our many coffee/tea breaks and chatted in the kitchen. Mom asked,"Is there IKEA in Sweden?" I looked at her with disbelief,"What do you mean? It's like asking - Do you have chilli crab in Singapore!" Mom looked at me totally serious and said,"We do." Ok, I forgot how entertaining my mom can be sometimes. So I told her patiently that IKEA is Swedish, so yes, we do have IKEA in Sweden in a lot of places and they're usually very big as well. Now it was her turn to look at me in disbelief,"IKEA is Swedish?" "Yeah, didn't you noticed the colour is usually blue and yellow? Those are the Swedish colors." "They are?!" I give up......
I was feeling lazy so I made a super simple dinner - macaroni with meatballs and brown sauce, an invention by dear hubby. Mom likes it - that's nice! ^_^
Day 7
It is cloudy today and temperature is hovering between 11 to 13 degrees. I was bored out of my mind and so I decided to bring mom, Jovan and Angel downtown and to visit the Thai store to see if we can buy some Asian food or ingredients.
Mom had to cuddle up with the kiddos to stay warm while we were waiting for the bus.
We had a pleasant surprise when we arrived downtown to find out that there is a "International Street Market" fair. There were many stalls selling food/table wares/clothes all specialties from the different European countries. We bought some candies from Britain and they are good! I didn't managed to take any picture of the stalls because it was just packed with people and the valley was pretty narrow. I did however, took a picture of the area where they were selling flowers - so pretty!
Mom thought that the shops are similar to those in Melbourne and she commented that there are many shops downtown, and she wondered why I am complaining about how boring shopping is over here. Well, if you compared downtown Linköping with Orchard Road in Singapore.... it is a bit of a disappointment in the variety of shops here. Later, we went to the Thai store and bought some tidbits, ingredients and food. After all the walking, mom got tired and hungry and she suggested to go MacDonald's, so mom treated us to lunch at MacDonald's. After lunch, I bought MacDonald's home for hubby who stayed home with little Ivan.
We didn't make dinner today because everybody was full from the heavy lunch.








No comments:
Post a Comment