Background

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Birthdays of our teenagers!

I'm really slacking in my blogging.... but everything is fine, we're all happy and life is good, I'm just so lazzzzyyyy.....

So now lazy me is going to blog 2 birthdays together at one go! Jovan is turning 14 and Angel is turning 13 this year! I know I exclaimed in wonder about how time flies on every one of their birthdays.... but HOW TIME FLIES!!!! Okay, while u guys take a moment to recover from my "unexpected" exclamation, let's take look at pictures of the beautiful people in my life!

Angel is very good in drawing in making meaningful card. The glasses and mustache "thing" at the corner of the card is actually a bookmark, since Jovan likes to read.

It's a card filled with thanks to Jovan who always help her in her homework, especially mathematics and letting him know that even though they don't see eye to eye sometimes (ok, most of the time...), she really appreciates and enjoys the moments when they're playing games, playing guitars and basically just goofing around.

Is he getting so touch that he's almost tearing up?

Another princess-like cake this year..... well, he always say "whatever kind of cake" when we asked....

My beautiful boys!


Happy birthday my son!

Really curious about what is in this big box...

An electric guitar which he has always wanted! We waited till he's quite good in playing guitar before we get him this, well, you know, we need to protect our own sanity as well...

Very happy with his present this year! There is a small amplifier that comes with the guitar and we also bought him the game "Rocksmith" which has received good reviews even from people who have been playing the guitar for a long time.

In the mist of the unwrapping of the presents, we found these 2 "workers" trying to solve a critical problem...

Chris,"I'm pumping all I can now Ivan, you just need to stick that thing in the ball!"

Card from Ivan with a LOT of help from Jovan

She kind of screamed in horror or delight (it was quite hard to tell) when she saw the card that Jovan made for her....

This is why...

Millitary style Spring/Autumn jacket 

A book about nothing that is worth learning... this shows how much we indulge our kids...

At least this bracelet looks cool...

Some new colors for her rapidly growing nail polish collection

Baby-G in white with rose pink face! So pretty, I want it for myself!

We all sat down to watch "This is us" with the birthday girl. I think Jovan was a little offended when we put this on, but it is not that bad.  However, this is the kind of movie that you just need to watch it ONCE.  It was quite late when this movie ended (I think around 11pm) but Angel was wide awake right till the very end! Impressive, considering she is someone who can't keep her eyes open after 10pm...

Happy 13th birthday my girl!

Jovan and Angel are growing into fine young teens.  It's probably not so modest to boast about how good your children are, but I truly think that they are very good kids.  They're responsible, considerate, relatively independent (they can cook!), sociable and kind.  All the kids have their ow distinctive personalities and traits and they are all special individuals in our hearts.  Jovan takes quite a lot of responsibility in his own study.  He feels good about his own achievements because he worked hard for them.  Being the eldest, he knows he has to set good example and takes time to explain or show the younger boys what is right and wrong.  But in my heart, he is still the boy who likes to tell jokes and dance goofy dance.  He and I share an interest in reading, we tip each other on books which we think are good. Angel is also starting to take more responsibility in her study (something which we have been training her to do for awhile).  She is a very sweet girl who thinks a lot about other people's feeling.  She is very creative as well and is good in drawing.  We like to discuss about crafting, designs and occasional celebrity gossips.  

I can honestly say that I enjoy being with these 2 kids.  We like to engage in discussion in almost any topic (and yes, of course there are meaningless ones!), they show me new and funny stuff they saw, read or learn.  Or we just goof around, sometimes to the point where hubby thinks that it's enough and we should tone it down!  The teenage phase has been going smoothly for far for all of us.  I hope that it will continue to be like this till they turn adults.  Sometimes, they talk so much that I'll ask them to go away or not talk, but I really don't want them to ever stop talking to us about whatever they're thinking, about what's going on in school, with their friends, etc.  Like all relationships, communicating is important.

Sometimes looking at them or thinking about the sweet gestures that they do, makes my heart ache because it's bursting with love for them.  Being a parent is a truly unique experience, because I never knew that it is possible to have so much love in me that I'd be willing to give up my life for anybody.  I hope Lars and I will be good enough parents who are able to teach and lead the kids to grow up to be positive people with good morale values.  At the same time, I also am thankful for the times, where we unexpectedly learn something new from our children, like enjoying the moment, say "I love you" whenever you feel like it and hug whenever you want.

1 comment: