Background

Friday, March 25, 2011

Polka Dotted Jovan

Last night, Jovan came to me, asking me to check his back. He said it was really itchy on his back and he thought he felt something. I was thinking to myself,"Oh no, don't tell my it's tick again!" On the other hand, isn't it kind of early for ticks to be making appearance now? He had 2 ticks attached to him last summer, while he and his friends were out in the forest playing. He came home then, asking me to check on the back of his neck, saying that he had a "bump". I looked and yeeewwww.... it was a tick! I had to fight my running instinct and disgust and pulled it out! Then I gave him a thorough check all over and found another one on his back! Yuck! It still makes my hair stands thinking about that!

Anyway, I checked his back last night and there were about 4 to 5 marks which looks kind of like insect bites. And since the only time when he's not wearing any clothes is when he's sleeping, I made him and Angel changed their bedsheets immediately. Half way through changing, I noticed that there were more dots on his face as well, and more on his arms, his stomach... and I saw one which was actually filled with water! Chicken pox!!!! Then I remembered that he had fever and was very tired about 2 days ago. I told him that he has chicken pox and will need to stay home for the next week or so. He was worried about scratching and leaving scars, we talked about that for awhile and Angel said,"And we have changed the bedsheets for nothing!" *sigh* Lazy girl...

Today, there are more dots popping out, even on his palms and in his hair!

And he is ITCHY all right! Just looking at him scratching makes me itchy all over!

Hopefully all 4 of them will get it this time round and be done with it. Maybe chaos in this household if that happens but well, then we know that we're done! Hubby told Jovan to hug Angel when she comes home later from school... and if she has got it as well, we know that we're in for a whinny and naggy time with lots of drama! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment