At the age of 3, Ivan is a happy-go-lucky, friendly, goofy, polite... most of the time, and unrelenting boy. He is happy most of the time, singing, breaking into some sort of crazy dance whenever he feels like it.
He says thank you when others give him something. He gives praises when he thinks that you're doing something good, even though he may be the one who "force" you to do it in the first place. Like today when we found a stick on the way home from school, and when I told him that we can't bring the stick home, he left the stick "standing" outside the main door, made me said bye to the stick (he refused to move unless I say bye, mind your manners mom!)and then told me,"Jättebra mamma, duktigt mamma." ("Very good mummy, clever mummy") *rolling my eyes*
We were also worried about his eating. He wasn't eating good and was underweight before he started school. Now, he's eating well. Though he is not putting on enough weight yet, but we're relieved that he has found his appetite. He favorite food are cucumber, iceberg salad, most kind of fruits, pancakes, muffins and egg tarts.
He LOVES Lego and can spend a long time making and building planes, bicycles, boats, etc.
He has also taken a liking to drawing and I must admit that at 3 years old, he's pretty good! A monster!
Some dude... (He said it's "en gubbe".)
This is his impression of Jovan! "Korkor (big brother in teochew) är stor!" He said. "Stick-man" Jovan is stretched almost across the paper! I guess to Ivan, Jovan must be a really big and reliable big brother.
Kids grow out of the toddler phase quite fast and Ivan is already growing into the next phase now. We hope that his charming personality will continue as he grows older. I mean, just look at this goofy face! I sure don't want him to lose that! ^.^








Awww, what a heartfelt blogpost :)
ReplyDeleteI do believe that kids in dagis get stimulated and develop in a different way. Love the concept of dagis/förskolan. I think our kids have the best of both worlds - being at home and also in dagis :)
That goofy face will change in time and you'd love the new faces too ;)
Thanks Sha! Yeah, I agree that the dagis/förskolan system is great! It gives a more comprehensive boost in the kids' development.
ReplyDeleteHahahaha! Yup, that goofy face will definitely change and we think that this guy is gonna be one lady-killer! :P