Jovan...is 11 today! As usual, he woke up before us, so we had to "chase" him back into bed to serve him breakfast in bed! :D

This was what we prepared...

He started with some presents from Angel...


She spent 3 days making this puzzle for her big brother!

Present from his father, Eric. A watch which comes with notebook, compass and a tiny flashlight!

And a small one from mommy and daddy, the one thing that he always have on his Christmas/birthday list! ^.^

And once he was done with breakfast, the hunt for his big presents began!

After many clues and head scratching, they finally found the right place! Our storage area in the basement!

A Yamaha C45 guitar with a bag!

And a 24" Hawk bicycle in super cool black and orange! And of course, daddy took the opportunity to get the kids to put it together, good training for logical thinking and following instruction manual! Even Ivan helped to hold the wheel and passing the tools!

Jovan also wanted to go to the movie. So they picked the 3D "Gnomeo and Juliet". On the way to the carpark, they ran into farmor (grandma) who made a surprise visit! So farmor ended up following Jovan, Angel and daddy to the movie! Talk about perfect timing!
They picked up a cake after the movie and Jovan get to pick one. And this was what he picked - an almond cake with Daim chocolate topping! Yummy!
And Jovan wasn't allowed to blow the candle coz Ivan wanted to blew it instead...

The birthday dinner that he wished for was schnitzel with mash potatoes and salad, which mommy gladly prepared!
11 years flew by at the blink of an eye! I can still vividly remember holding him in my arms in the hospital and feeling excited, happy, scared and worrying if I could be the mother that he deserves.
He is growing up fast and is growing up to be a polite and responsible boy. I hope and wish that he'll continue to be the good person we want him to be, hmmm... hopefully the teenage phase will be an interesting one with no heartaches! :D
you are THE best mom Jovan knows :)
ReplyDeletehugs
Thanks Sha! Jovan always tells me that as well but I guess I have self-doubt quite often. Parenting is a life long course and we learn new things all the time! ^.^
ReplyDeleteI don't know why but reading the last bit of the post made me emotional. My sister's eldest child, Bryan is 11 this year and I remember holding him in my arms. They do grow very quickly. I know I'm not a mom but I do share the same sentiments. ;)
ReplyDeleteLovely blog Sylvia! :D
Thanks Mable! They do just sprout overnight! :D We hope that their teenage years will be a fun one without having a lot of drama!
ReplyDelete