I'm 36 weeks pregnant today and counting down to D day! This pregnancy feels like it's taking a harder toil on my body. Maybe it's because on top of being pregnant, I had to "serve" our little prince Ivan - chasing after him (to change diapers, dirty clothes and to put on clothes after bath), coaxing him (to eat more and drink more), carrying him (it's like doing serious weight lifting or body building, trust me! He is getting heavier each day!) and playing with him (which includes, running, crawling, hiding, pretending to be his customer and be served coffee and a slice of pizza one thousand times in half an hour...)or maybe simply because I'm getting old...
But seriously speaking, I think hubby suffers the most during my pregnancy. Beginning from the first trimester, he felt bad to see me suffering from morning sickness (who came up with this term really?! My "morning" sickness lasted the whole day!), tried to find ways and means to make me feel better, making me tea and buying me digestive biscuits, reminding me to take my vitamin pills and having to endure my sour breath (from vomiting so much!) whenever he kissed me... and not to mention having to interact (or try to) with me who was just like a sack of potatoes lying on the sofa at the end of the day.
His sufferings continued when I was in my second trimester. He had to reassure me that I still look pretty and light as a feather when I was complaining about the changes in my body every 5 seconds.
"I'm fat!"
"No you're not. You're like a feather."
"I can't fit in my clothes!"
"Let's go shopping!"
"Maternity clothes make me look like auntie!"
"You want to borrow mine?"
His suffering escalates now that I'm in my third trimester. Since the round ligament pain started, I have had problem walking due to the stabbing pain. So not only am I wading like a duck, I am limping around from the pain. About 1 month ago, hubby told me that I didn't have to join to go shop for groceries, he would go with Jovan and Angel and the 3 of them would laboriously carry 6 or 7 bags of groceries up to the 3rd floor, while Ivan and I would stay home, put our legs up and watch tv, poor babies! Since our last checkup at the midwife when she told us that the baby is engaged in position and ready to descend, hubby and my mother-in-law has been really really nervous. Hubby gets super nervous whenever I call him at work, "Should I come home now?" "No, but can you buy milk on your way home?" ...
My mother-in-law is so sweet, she called me last week to ask me how I was feeling, did I feel like the baby is coming? She even told me to call her first before we call the hospital if we suspect the baby is coming, so she can start the almost 2 hours drive earlier. She called me again last night to check the status. My mobile phone ringing...) "Hej, mamma!" "Hej, sweetie! How are you feeling?" "Baby is still in the tummy! No signs of coming out yet."... She has taken 1 week off from work next week and was planning to go Denmark for holiday but has changed her mind and decided to stay in Sweden for her holiday, because it is getting close to my delivery date.
Jovan and Angel have been great helps too during my pregnancy. I have been slacking in doing housework now since my mobility is a little difficult. They have been helping to wash dishes, vacuum the floor and helping to keep Ivan occupied when I really need to lie down. They even helped to make dinner a couple of times, macaroni and meatballs and hotdog with bread. Not the most healthy meals but like Jovan said, they make with love!
Ivan has no idea that there is a baby in my tummy . He probably thinks that mommy has a big tummy and that's just the way it is. I tried to tell him by pointing at my tummy and said,"Baby in mommy's tummy." since he understands what babies are. But he just looked at me like I'm raving mad and started laughing... It'll be interesting to see how he's going to react to the new member in the family in a few weeks' time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








加油 ! thou lots of anxiousness toward D days.
ReplyDelete