Background

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Glad Mors Dag! Happy Mothers' Day!

Mothers' Day falls on the last Sunday of May in Sweden, unlike in Singapore where it is on the first Sunday of May. For the past few years, hubby and kiddos have been treating me like a queen on Mothers' Day and like always, I am the queen today!

Hubby actually came home yesterday with flowers for me. He helped a neighbour to fix her DVD player and to show her appreciation, she allowed him to pick some flowers from her garden. So he came home happily with a bunch of pretty flowers which he arranged in a vase.

Not bad for a first-timer!

I woke up this morning with kiddos singing "Tussilago Song". Tussilago (or coltsfoot in English) is a kind of weed which pops up everywhere during summer.

The song sings about summer is here and wild flowers growing everywhere and how pretty it is. Kinda weird song to sing on Mothers' Day but it is always nice to wake up to the sweet voices of kiddos singing and not fighting.

Hubby walked behind them carrying my breakfast tray. Breakfast in bed, yoohoo!

Having princess cake for breakfast feels a little wrong but it's Mothers' Day! ^_^ I got a box of chocolate (which is almost like a tradition from my hubby!)and handmade "cards" from Jovan and Angel.

Jovan's is the one on the left and Angel is the one on the right. Ivan contributed his bit of creativity too. If you look really closely on Angels picture, you can see 2 red hearts! So sweet!

After breakfast, I was just lazing around, watching tv with Ivan, reading newspaper and surfing a little. Around lunch time, hubby was trying to get Ivan to take his afternoon nap and asked me to go to bed for awhile - I know! I'm a lucky woman! A short while later, hubby came in with little Ivan fast asleep. He put him in his crib and told me that he would be taking Jovan and Angel out. So I continued lazing in bed, yippee!

A couple of hours later, they were back with my lunch!

I felt guilty because I had MacDonald's and they had hotdogs in Ikea...

After lunch, kiddos went out to play while hubby and I sat on the balcony drinking lemonade and enjoying some cozy moments with Ivan walking around, picking up leaves which were blown onto our balcony and throwing them out of the balcony....(sorry neighbour! We are teaching him not to do that, hopefully he'll learn soon!)

Around 6pm, hubby presented me with more presents! He also made coffee so we can have with the cake.


I got a cake stand which I have always wanted but didn't buy because we don't need it. He also bought me a cake spade to serve cake with and a book. I've always like to read but nowadays it feels difficult to sit down with a book and enjoy some quiet moments by myself. Here's another look at the cake stand.


And my favorite princess cake!



As a mother, I think I have not done a good enough job. I should have more patience in explaining stuffs to them, I should spend more time individually with Jovan and Angel and chat with them more, I should cook healthier food for the family. I'm not sure if it'll makes me a better mother if I can achieve all of the above, parenting is a life-long learning process, we all learn through experiences and mistakes.

As a wife, I think I have done an average job, there are a lot of areas which I can improve. Thankfully I have a very understanding and caring husband which I will never take for granted.

Baby, thank you for another relax and cozy Mothers' Day. I really appreciate all that you've done for me and for the kids. I will try my best to improve myself to be the supporting and caring wife you deserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment