Background

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Update on hubby's Chinese name

I'm typing this post with Ivan sleeping on my lap and I have one arm cradling him, so I'm left with the other to type. Being a "one-finger" blogger drives me crazy, it takes forever to try to find those keys. It's funny how my brain works better when I'm typing with both hands.

I was skyping my mom the other day and we were talking about hubby's Chinese name. She asked,"Why pick the surname that sounds like die? Die die die. No good lah! He can take my surname." What a brilliant idea! 陈 (Chen)is so much easier for him. When I talked to him about it that night, he pronounced Chen perfectly! Yippee! Then we went on to try the second and third word one at a time. He was pretty good that night, he got the pronouciation almost correct!

I was all geared up and then I went,"Try to say them all together!" Hubby with big confidence in his face, smile and said in his usual cool manner,"陈 she young."

We need more practise.

No comments:

Post a Comment