Hubby finally got a real Chinese name, with surname and all! Thanks to my super best friend's best friend, who is now also my friend! (wow... getting complicating...) I must say that she is really good. I have requirements for my hubby's name (as always) - it has to reflect his personality, has a positive meaning and doesn't sound strange, i.e. not easy for others (people like me...) to give a nickname.
My friend suggested 戴旭阳. 戴 is adopted from a actor whom I like due to his puppy eyes, 戴阳天 (wow, their names are similar too! like brothers!) 旭阳 means rising sun. This suits him well. He is energetic and positive and is the sunshine of my life! Now we've got a good name, I have a challenging task on hand, to teach him to say and pronounce it correctly...
I started teaching the kids so that they can repeat it to him every now and then and help him to practise. Next I introduced him to his new Chinese name and explain the meaning. He likes it and is eager to say it. So I went,"戴旭阳, dai xu yang." I explain to him the 4 different intonations of the Chinese characters and try to help him to get the right tone.
Hubby ask,"like thigh?" "No baby, it's dai." "Die?" "No! Not die, DAI." "Ok, let try the next character. Xu." "Su?" "No, xu." "She?" "well close, she but you say it harder." "SHE?!" "Harder, not louder...." "Last character is yang." "Young?" "Good! but flatter." "young..." "Flatter not softer..."
Hubby said,"But baby, is this correct? Die she young? I sounds like I'm cursing someone to die young! That doesn't sound good..." I thought it may be a good idea to bang my head against the wall....
We'll continue to practise till hubby is good in saying his name and then like my super best friends said, we'll have the final challenge left - to teach him how to write....
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








wah so long one already ??
ReplyDeletegot new one?
and post more photos of u guys in sweden and especially the three little cutie pies!!!!