Background

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Jovan is 9!

I realised that I'm one of those spontaneous blogger - blogging only now and again. I really admire those who blog regularly, my life is really boring compared to theirs...

Yep, Jovan is 9! It's hard to believe how time flies! I can still remember vividly when I was holding him as a small tiny baby. Hubby said that Jovan is half way to adulthood now (adulthood is 18 yrs old here in Sweden), well, that's one way to look at it! ^_^

Jovan placed some special orders for his birthday this year. He wants a football chocolate cake and wants me to cook his favorite dinner - tacos. Well tacos is not a problem but given my extremely limited baking skills, the football cake is a real challenge! I told him that I will try my very best and hopefully it'll turn out good.

My first cake was a failure! I baked it for 45 mins and the cake still felt like jelly. After awhile, the cake more or less settled and looks like a volcano!!! The sides are hardened but the middle is wobbly!! I had to throw it away and remake another one. The second one turns out alright and now I'm left with the most challenging part - decorating!! Hubby helped to whipped the cream and "supervised" the decorating process. Here are some pictures of the cake. Not so bad for first attempt, I think.






I did a small card to display to avoid further ruining the cake!

Jovan had no idea that I made another cake, he saw the first failure and tried to console me. He said that it's ok and that the cake is good enough, we just need to put on some whip cream and we can eat it! Such a good boy! He face really lit up when he saw the final product. It's not anywhere near good but he knows we put in our best effort to fulfill our promise.

Angel was really sweet too. She made Jovan a card (since she doesn't have money to buy him present). She took about 2 days to make this card, waiting for the paint and glue to dry properly.



She was trying to glue "Grattis" (congrats) on one side of the card but her estimation in spacing was a little off. Jovan managed to understand though so that's good! ^.^



She wrote "Happy Birthday. Best big brother. Happy Birthday." She also tried to draw Jovan and her playing bandy and a birthday cake. So sweet!

This year Jovan got a big watergun (Which can shoot up to 8m far! That's just crazy!It's so fun!), a lego motobike and a star wars lego from Eric.


Kiddos jumped into the bathroom immediately after this picture to start shooting!


Jovan built this first thing the next morning.


A good present from Eric.

Hubby has also been trying to look for new games for Jovan's Xbox and Gameboy but apparently, these are slowly phasing out and so we have problem finding any games. After some discussion, we decided that it is time to upgrade their set and we agreed on a Xbox 360, since mother-in-law and brother-in-law have Nintendo Wii, we decided that kiddos will have fun to be able to play something different when we visit them. We settled on a Xbox 360 set and the guitar hero set. We told kiddos that we have a super big surprise for both of them, which is a combined birthday present for both Jovan of Angel (since it's quite expensive, it's makes more sense to combine!) Kiddos almost went crazy when they opened the presents!!


Jovan and Angel crazy with excitement and little Ivan is clueless as to why they got so excited over a box...


Truly happy kids.

Kiddos were feasting their eyes on the boxes because daddy told them that they can only play tomorrow (it was late when we opened the presents because we were all watching the final of the singing contest for Sweden). Then Jovan, looking at the guitar hero box, said,"Daddy, it says Playstation 3."

Daddy cooly replied,"Oooook, don't open it yet then, I'll fix it."

Typical hubby....

No comments:

Post a Comment