Mavis, Shuping and I decided on the menu a few weeks before. We decided on sweet and sour pork, chicken wings, fried wanton, loh han zai (罗汉斋) and steamboat. Shuping made fatt gou (发糕) and carrot cake (萝卜糕). Mavis and I made yee sang (鱼生). What a spread!
Child laborers... well, they weren't really suffering if they were listening to the iPod and radio while working right?
Sweet and sour pork in the making and the good stuff for the steamboat was boiling in the background.
Shuping's fatt gou looked good and I particularly like the red date ones!
A lot of food!
Carrot cake was good!
As usual, the boys stayed out of the kitchen for safety and sanity reason - so us women won't go crazy having to chase them around! Sorry, my kitchen wasn't big enough!
Ivan and Philart!
Not sure what Jovan was trying to do here.... magic trick??
Our yee sang was a success!!! Well, actually nobody else knew how the real deal tastes like since it is a Singapore and Malaysian dish, but the result was quite authentic! (ok ok, maybe the corn flakes was a little weird but we couldn't find the cracker we need and I was too lazy to make!)
Explaining to Shuping about the yee sang tradition we have in Singapore and Malaysia....
"Loh ah! 捞啊"
Here's a kawaii picture of the beautiful Mavis in her beautiful cheongsam!
I think our reunion dinner was a success and this is the first time after so many years that I really feel the Chinese New Year mood. Thank you my dear friends and family for helping to create this wonder memory for me and also letting the children experience the real Chinese New Year mood!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!
新年快乐!
GONG XI FA CAI!
恭喜发财!




















Everything looks delicious!
ReplyDeleteI'd put the guys to help somehow! ;)
Glad to see your blog is back!