We initially wanted to celebrate on the Saturday before his actual day, which was on Monday. We thought of inviting granny here to have a small celebration. However, granny had something going on over the weekend so she couldn't make it. Then I thought we can celebrate on Sunday instead and invite my neighbour, Shu Ping and her family over for a simple dinner. I haven't had the chance to thank her properly for the kindness she had shown when I was sick, and I thought that this will be a good opportunity. So I called her to "book" the day and specifically told her NOT to bring anything, coz I know she'll bring some sort of dessert over if I don't tell her. But as it turned out Ivan started having fever on Saturday night, so we postponed it to Monday instead.
Jovan and Angel were both unsure what they should give Chris for his birthday. He is too small to appreciate cards or crafts. So they decided to make chocolate balls to be served at his party.
I think they had fun making it. ^.^
Kneading all the ingredients together....
Ta-dah! Jovan and Angel's chocolate balls!
For dinner, I made a simple chicken rice and wonton dinner. Shuping and her family has never been to Singapore but they have heard of the famous Hainanese chicken rice. So I told her that I can make the chicken rice but not the white boiled chicken which is used in Hainanese chicken rice, coz I don't like it. I prefer roasted chicken. Sorry I forgot to take any pictures of the dinner and our guests. I was a little stressed out coz the chicken were not ready yet when my guests arrived and Chris was getting tired and grumpy. But I'm glad to announced that my guests really liked the dinner, both the chicken rice and the wonton soup!
I didn't make a cake for Chris this time, so I asked hubby to buy the chocolate mousse cake which he bought on Ivan's birthday. Unfortunately, they didn't have that cake and he bought this one which is just as good. It was covered with a layer of chocolate with pear cream in between! Really yummy!
I would say that Chris liked the cake as well!
And of course, no birthday is complete without presents!
Since our apartment is almost taken over by mountains of toys, we decided to not go overboard this time. Afterall, Christmas is just around the corner!
Both Ivan and Chris really enjoyed the present from Shuping and her family. It's a caterpillar which when pushed down in the middle and it'll roll forward surprisingly fast!
This little guy is growing fast...
At 1 year old, he can now run around, chasing after Ivan (or snatch toys from Ivan and run away at super speed!), climbing up and down the sofa by himself (which always almost put mommy's heart to a stop...), likes eating everything (and the range is very very wide, from anything that is on the floor to anything which I serve...). He loves taking a bath and is extremely loud when he's unhappy (which basically means that mommy is not within his vision... *sigh*). He likes hugging mommy's legs when she's in the kitchen cooking or washing and leaving smears of food/saliva/other stuff mixture on her soft pants or jeans. I can basically measure his height just by looking at my jeans!
Mommy and daddy's wish for my little baby on his 1-year old birthday is that he'll continue to stay healthy and happy. Nothing beats having a little happy face greeting you when you wake up in the morning.
And your next birthday will be a better one, I promise. *muack*








No comments:
Post a Comment