Background

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Best Dad In The World!

Jovan has been planning for Father's Day present about 2 months ago. He told me that he was allowed to decide what he wanted to make at wood work lesson in school. And he wanted to make a shelf for daddy for him to hang his clothes and put some other items. I told him that that was a really nice thought and I think daddy will be thrill to receive it.

Today is Father's Day. Jovan and Angel asked me what time should they come into the room with breakfast for daddy. I told them to let him sleep a little bit more since it's the weekend and that they could go in at 10am. Finally it's 10am. We got everything ready, I picked up the smallest one, grabbed the camera and we opened the door. I told Angel to wake him up slowly and gently. However, the minute we opened the door, Ivan ran it and shouted,"Pappa! Pappa!" I hoped hubby didn't jump out of his skin...

The princess cake, which is daddy's all-time favorite, was from Angel. Daddy got a shock to see a WHOLE cake served during breakfast!

She also made daddy a card, a rectangular vase and paper flowers, which took her some time to do.

Jovan could finally bring out his shelf, which he had been hiding in the store room for a month!

Daddy was very happy with the shelf. We all think that Jovan has done a very good job!

Daddy asked if he can have a slice of the cake. So Angel went to cut a slice and brought it back to daddy in the room. And there came little Ivan, running happily after Angel and he brought his own spoon! He wanted to taste the cake as well! :D

Hubby and I couldn't stop laughing! He ACTUALLY fetched his own spoon to eat the cake! This guy.... *shake head* He's too cute!

And while all these were happening....
the smallest one was just walking around the bed, enjoying himself, totally unaware of what was going on!

I think daddy is happy!

After the breakfast-in-bed celebration, I went out to the kitchen to put some stuff away. And when I came back, this is what I saw... 3 small bums sticking out under the blanket.... What was going on?

Well....
They were massaging daddy's feet... or tickling him half to death, is the way I see it!

The rest of the day passed quite peacefully. Kiddos were indoor for awhile, then they went out to play, bringing Ivan with them. In between, there were some unhappiness which daddy managed to resolved as always.

Also hubby couldn't wait to put up the shelf.
Which is looking pretty good!

I made hubby's favorite food for dinner. No prize for making the right guess. It's schnitzel. ^.^
To make up for last year, I prepared a special present for hubby this year.
It's a dog-tag which has all our 4 kids' names engraved on it. When he opened the present, the first thing he said was,"Oh, there's space for more names!" Sorry baby, if you want more names, we can put in yours and mine but that's it - no more! *very seriously*

I know our kids think that daddy is the best in the world. They appreciate him very much. They don't like it when daddy has to work late because they enjoy having dinner with him. They like chatting with him and telling him about what has happened in school. They like watching tv with daddy. They know daddy will always have time to listen. And sometimes, daddy likes to have them sitting on his lap and giving them bear hugs, and watch tv together. Although both Jovan and Angel are very big now, having them sitting on the lap past a certain amount of time can get dangerous! (think blood cut-off, legs falling asleep, etc) Ivan's favorite time of the day is when he's getting tired and sleepy, grabbing his little pillow and pacifier and sitting on daddy's lap till he falls asleep. He finds that really cozy.
But no matter how big they've grown, daddy will always see them as small babies who will always fit in his lap!

You have done an excellent job with the kids baby. Thank you for always putting us first before anything else. Thank you for always having time for us, even though datelines are driving you crazy at work. We love you!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for a perfect daddy´s day baby, I really appreciate you and the kiddoz efforts making my day perfect. I am truly fortunate to have you in my life, I always believed that we were meant for each other and I look forward getting gray-haired with you (slowly getting there…).
    I love you very, very much my sweet sweet baby.
    /Hubby

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so welcome baby! This is nothing compared to everything you have and are willing to do for us. I think we're already at the grey hair stage... (I can show you when you get home tonight!) Growing old with you does sounds like a sweet and cozy journey which I'm also looking forward to!

    ReplyDelete