So I there I was the next day, waiting for the package to be delivered with curiosity and a tiny weeny bit of anxiety... And this is what I received:
My heart was bursting with happiness when I saw the handwriting - Diane!!!!
And when I opened it with care (part of me just want to leave it as it is and not open it, but the other curious part of me won obviously!), I found out that it was from both Diane and Miss Marvelous! (My friend wants to be anonymous so I'll just address her as Miss Marvelous.
Looking at the contents of the box, I know they had spent a lot of thoughts in deciding what to buy...
Pre-mixed Singapore curry and Hainanese chicken rice, my favorite Precious Moments coasters, Hawaiian-inspired necklace that reminds me of sunny Singapore, a pair of sweet earrings put in a cute bottle, I agree Di, what a cute way to give a a gift! A mobile phone accessory which Di bought for me when she was in Hongkong, it has my birthdate on it! Some cute charms which I can use in my crafting projects and last but not least, my favorite snack other than pocky, sweet palm seeds or as we Singaporean call it - atap chi!!!!
Diane and I used to enjoy going to buffets especially Seoul Garden BBQ Restaurant, where they have "make-your-own dessert" section. We would always "ransack" the atap chi, coming back to our tables with 2 bowls of mountain high atap chi! Friends who saw our "true colors" for the first time would drop their jaws when they saw our bowls , but after the initial shock, they would know the next time that "the bandits are going for the atap chi now!" Please don't judge us because of this! This is the only "feels-almost-criminal-but-not-really-there-yet" thing we have ever done, basically we are still very good girls!
Thank you so very much Diane and Miss Marvelous! I appreciate your thoughtfulness a lot. It makes me very happy to know that you gals are thinking about me! However, the postage to Sweden is very expensive, honestly I'd be equally happy and touch to receive a card from you all. Please don't spend too much money on me, I know you gals care and love me - and that's enough to make me happy!








glad tat we made u happi :)
ReplyDeleteits only once a while tat v send things to u.. so no need feel paiseh abt it lah.. there r so many things tat v wanna share with u leh..
Haha.... sooo glad that u 马赛克 my name - Thanks! MUACKS! Ur smiles and joy is definitely worth the postage mann! So juz enjoy the contents!
ReplyDeleteLook fwd to see u in SG soon :)