Background

Saturday, May 22, 2010

A Good Day!

We decided to enjoy the good weather today by going for a small picnic in the big garden downtown. We picked up some yummy pastries, cookies and chips on our way and arrived to a beautiful park buzzing with people out sunbathing and enjoying the weather.


There were 2 pretty pink trees at the entrance to the garden. Wonder what tree these are? I want one too when we have a house!

Close-up of the flowers on the tree. They looked like small roses exploding all over the tree! (sorry about the strange focus... it was tricky to take picture while holding a wriggling 5 month old baby!)

Ivan was his usual free-spirit self, running around offering girls (who were sunbathing in their bikinis) flowers he picked from the ground and dancing to the music (there were a couple of guys fixing up the sound system for some event). He even went up to several girls, smiled at them (one time he actually tapped on one of the girl's knee because she was lying down with her eyes closed, so she didn't see him coming!) and turned and pointed at daddy and said,"Pappa!" I asked hubby if Ivan was trying to hook him up with some young girls and hubby came up with an idea that we can rent him out to guys out looking for a girl to date!

It started drizzling a little after we had been there for some time, so we left and head for Plantagen. It's a big store selling plants and related accessories and tools. We had decided that it's time to fix our sorry-looking balcony, which had became sort of a damping area for newspaper, boxes and kiddos' toys. The plants we had from last summer were bone-dry and almost grayish looking! Hubby kept telling me that they would grow back. "They're suppose to do that." Well, apparently they're not . So we had to buy new ones to replace them... I also thought that it'll be fun to each buy a pack of seed and try to grow them and see which one of us will be able to grow a healthy plant!


We were all busy planting the seeds in the small pots...


Hubby too...


Here they are! All labeled with names and we're very anxious to see the outcome!

I also bought 2 mini orchid plants for our altar.



The white one looks elegant.


Look how mini it is compared to the normal size one! (The normal size one was from my friend Shannon when we met last summer, how time flies!)

We didn't do much about the balcony. We just bought new table cloth...


and flowers hoping to make it looks more cheerful and "summery". I think it looks so much better already!


I've also received 2 packages which had arrived from Singapore. So exciting!

Thank you Mimi for sending me my first Chinese magazine in months! I'm going to read it later after I'm done blogging, with a cup of coffee and some chocolate! Feel so bad that she had to pay SGD37.95 to send a SGD5 magazine... thank you for indulging me!


The other package is from one of my buddies - Annie! She knows I love Ji Mi's book, my favorite illustrator of all time, and she sends me his latest book whenever he releases one. This time she sent 2 sets of pajamas for Chris, a book by Carolyn Lim. A strong woman who was struck by lightning while windsurfing. The back of the book says,"Making Pink Lemonade is a buoyant tale about the triumph of human spirit." I can't wait to get through the pages! I feel so spoiled by all my dear friends!

Thank you to all my dear and sweet friends for sending me packages despite the ridiculous postage costs, to bright up my days and cheer me up. I really want you all to know that I truly appreciate is thoroughly warmed by all your thoughts.

What a good day!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Picnic trip! More parcels.. life has been good for u and thats very comforting to know. heh..and i luv that purple summery flowers!! Take gd care!!:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not been following the parcel these few days. Thank goodness it arrived, phew...Hope you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete