Background

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Hubby's Mandarin Lesson 老公学华语

Last night at the dining table, Jovan and Angel was inspired suddenly to teach hubby some new chinese words. I was at the sink with my back facing them, doing my dishes and I overheard this conversation...

Jovan: (I think he was showing daddy something) "Niu."

Daddy: "New?"

Jovan: "Not 'New', it's 'Niu'. It means 'Cow'."

Daddy: "New Cow??"

Then, Angel decided to jump in and confuse daddy even more...

Angel: "Ma. It means 'Horse'."

Daddy: "Ma..."

Angel: "'Ma Ma' means 'Grandma'" ("Ma Ma" is actually in our dialect, Teochew for grandma, Angel gets confused sometimes between dialect and Mandarin.)

Daddy: "Två häster blir en farmor?????" ("2 horses become 1 grandma?????")

**********************************************************************************

昨晚 Jovan 和 Angel 坐在饭桌旁,忽然心血来潮想教老爸几个新的华文字。 我站
在水槽旁,背向他们在洗碗碟。以下是我听到的对话。。。

Jovan: (他好像给老爸看什么东西) "Niu."

老爸: "New?" (“新?”)

Jovan: "Not 'New', it's 'Niu'. It means 'Cow'." ("不是‘New’,是‘Niu’,
意思是‘牛’“)

老爸: "New Cow??" ("新牛??")

在这时候, Angel 也加入,把老爸搞得更糊涂了。。。

Angel: "Ma. It means 'Horse'." (‘Ma’。意思是‘马’。)

老爸: "马。。。"

Angel: "'Ma Ma' means 'Grandma'" (“‘Ma Ma’意思是‘嬷嬷’。)(Angel 有时候分不清潮洲话和华语。)

老爸: "Två häster blir en farmor?????" ("两只马变一个嬷嬷?????")

No comments:

Post a Comment