Background

Monday, February 15, 2010

恭贺新春! 情人节快乐!

I have always had problem with major holidays like Chinese New Year and Christmas since we moved here. I'll get moody and depress a few days before and have to consciously make an effort to keep my spirits up for hubby and our kids. This year is our 3rd year spending Chinese New Year away from Singapore. I didn't put up a single decoration and only "clean" the apartment symbolically (think vacuuming and washing toilet bowls...) on New Year's Eve. It feels like it is just me who is celebrating and getting all psyche up for the New Year, it just felt meaningless. I didn't plan to make anything special for our reunion dinner either.

Hubby picked up my grumpiness early in the morning. Well, it is tricky to miss - when mommy is unhappy, nobody is happy! Complaining about the mess in the apartment, nagging at Jovan and Angel about the state of their room, dragging my feet and slouching around - bad behaviors! *tsk tsk tsk* He volunteered to go buy groceries with Jovan and Angel and suggested that we have Chinese take-out, which is our favorite but we only have it on special occasion coz it's quite expensive. My mood lifted a little since I didn't have to cook! After the groceries shopping, hubby had to go into the office to take out the car seats behind coz he would be helping his friend to move the next day. So by the time he was home with the Chinese take-out, it was 8pm. Just in time to watch Melodifestivalen, a song contest which is a yearly event taking place around February to March and the winning song will be sent to take part in the Eurovision Song Contest - an event which we threaten to boycott every year after watching... Our family really enjoys watching Melodifestivalen and to make it more interesting, hubby and I came up with scoring sheet so we can allocate points to all the songs. So we spent our reunion dinner in front of the tv, commenting on those songs, stage performance and of course costumes. And after the kids had all gone to bed, I prepared ang baos (red packets) for tomorrow morning and this year we have 4!



The next morning, since hubby has to be off at 9am to help with the move, I had to wake Jovan up, so he can wish us Happy New Year and get his ang bao. If we were back in Singapore, I can bet you that they would not be able to sleep the night before in anticipation of the first day of Chinese New Year... He even told me that he forgot that it's Chinese New Year, he could only remember that it was Valentine's Day! Anyway, Jovan and Angel wished hubby and I Gong Xi Fa Cai and happy new year and we handed them their first and only ang baos for the year.


Wishing our children good health and happiness and the 2 older ones to keep up the good performances in school! 身体安康! 天天快乐! 学业进步!

After breakfast, Jovan and Angel asked if they can go to the supermarket nearby to "get something". I told them to be careful and stay together and off they went while I stayed home to do the laundry and feed Chris. They came home shortly after and hid in their room and walking in and out to fetch wrapping paper "We're wrapping something for our friends.", tape and scissors... these guys...

Hubby came home around mid afternoon with flowers for me (he's always so sweet to me!)


and presents for everybody, well, everybody except Chris...


I had prepared my gift to hubby some time ago, so mine was wrapped and he bought me magazines and sudoko!

Gifts carefully wrapped by Jovan and Angel and a card...

Chocolate will never be wrong on Valentine's Day and the card said,"Have a good day today. Have a good Valentine's Day from Angel and Jovan. To mommy and daddy." We love you too babies!




My present for hubby is a box of chocolate with lottery tickets!


The kiddos got presents too! Car candies for Ivan, M&Ms for Jovan and Angel and...
rechargeble batteries for the XBox controllers! Daddy is so romantic!

**********************************************************************************

自从我们搬来这儿后,我总是觉得很难面对重要的节日,比如华人新年和圣诞节。在
过节的前几天,我就开始感到郁闷和沮丧。不过为了老公和孩子, 我还是会尽量打
起精神面对。今年是我们第三年没在新加坡过年了。我连一样新年饰品也没挂上,屋
子也只在初夕时象征行的打扫 (吸尘、洗马桶。。。)。感觉上只有我自己一个庆祝,
真没意思。就连团圆饭我也没打算煮什么特别的。

老公一大早就注意到我心情不好。其实要不注意到真难 - 老妈不开心时,大家都没
好日子过! 一早就唠叨着屋子乱、碎碎念着Jovan和Angel没收拾房间、托着脚步、
动作散慢 ,一堆的坏行为!* 老公自愿带着Jovan和Angel去买下个星期的菜,还提议
今晚打包中餐。中餐是我们的最爱,不过我们只在特别的日子才吃,因为太贵了。
我的心情好了一点,因为这表示我不用煮! 买了菜后,老公必须到公司把车子的后
座都拆出,以便隔天帮朋友搬家。当他买了晚餐到家时已经八点了,正好赶得及看
一年一度的歌唱比赛。我们每年看了都说明年不看了,可是。。。...我们全家都爱看
这一系列的比赛。为了让比赛更有趣,我和老公准备了分数表,好让我们为每首歌
打分。所以我们的团圆饭就在电视机前,批头论足的度过。过后当孩子们都睡着时,
我准备明早要发的红包。今年我们要准备四个!




隔天早上,因为老公必须在九点时离家到朋友家帮忙,所以我把Jovan叫醒,好让他
能向我们拜年拿红包。要是我们在新加坡,他们一定是晚上兴奋得睡不着觉,等着
新年的到来。...他还说他都忘了是新年,只记得是情人节! !之后Jovan和Angel向我们
拜年,祝我们恭喜发财、新年快乐。我们也发了他们今年第一也是唯一的红包。
祝孩子们身体安康! 天天快乐! 两个大的学业进步!

吃了早餐后,Jovan和Angel问我他们能不能到附近的超市买点东西。我要他们小心,
不能分开。我留在家洗衣和喂Chris。过了一下,他们回到家,神神秘秘的躲在房间
里,走进走出,又拿包装纸 “我们要包东西给朋友。”、胶带和剪刀的。。。这两
个家伙。。。...

老公差不多在中午的时候到家,买了花给我 (他对我一直都是这么体贴!) 和礼物给大家,除了Chris。。。

我之前已准备好给老公的礼物,也包好了。他买了杂志和sudoko给我!

Jovan和Angel用心包好的礼物,还有卡片。。。

情人节送巧克力是永远不会错的,卡片上写着 “祝你有个美好的一天。Jovan和Angel祝情人节快乐。给妈咪和爹地。” 我们也爱你们宝贝!


我给老公的礼物是一盒巧克力和彩票!!





孩子们也有礼物! Ivan的是车形软糖,Jovan和Angel的是M&M巧克力和。。。
用在XBox控制器可充电的电池! 老爸真浪漫!

No comments:

Post a Comment