Background

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

First sewing project

I have been learning to use the sewing machine which I got from Lars as Christmas present last year. Yeah, I've waited a year before I gathered enough confidence to open the box! That's how much my Home Economics teacher has "scarred" me! I'll talk to my "half-sister" to see if it'll be okay for me to blog about all those horrifying events back in 1989.....


Anyway, after I've succeeded threading the machine and spinning some bobby pins, I pluck up enough courage to shorten a few curtains I have which were too long for the windows. I used to pin the extra fabric up with safety pins but I decided that now is the time to be a grown-up and sew them properly (I know, it's sad).


Curtains seems to turn out alright, although I was already planning to buy new ones after I destroy those! Then I remembered that I have saved one of Angel's favorite jeans because she has grown out of it. Why don't I try to make something out of it? I think Angel will be happy. That is if I'm successful....


And this is the end result. This is the front view.

It's a little crudely made because I didn't use any measure tape or ruler. I was just going at it with my scissor and a lot, and I mean A LOT of estimation and imagination!



Back view:


The accessory used was bought from Singapore when I was home for holiday. And I've stitched the flower pattern in beads. It was from a sketch by Angel and I modified it a little.



Angels is very happy with this bag. (or maybe she's just being nice to mommy?) And I think it turn out quite alright considering that this is my first sewing project.








3 comments:

  1. I find it very nice too! Maybe u can make bags when you're free & sell them online :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so sweet of you to say. ^_^ If there's a market for crudely-made bags I'll make big bucks! I'll try to practice more on my sewing.

    ReplyDelete