It is quite common to be raining on midsummer’s eve, so we were lucky to have really good weather this year, the sun was shining bright and there was just a little bit of cloud.
In order to make the most out of the great weather, mom has set the table in her back yard.
We missed the celebration around the Maypole but I found one among the wild flowers which mom picked!
After food, Roy and mom came up with several activities to have a mini competition. We began by using a tennis racket to hit a tennis ball into a net, followed by using an inner bandy club to shoot a ball into the same net. Ivan tried as well but it was tricky for him.
No one managed to shoot in anything except me! I managed to shoot in one with the inner bandy club! And I thought that it was a good start…
Next, we were supposed to throw a Frisbee into a targeted area. Seemed pretty easy! Everybody managed to do it.
After the Frisbee is the air rifle target shooting. But before we start, hubby gave Jovan and Angel a lesson on “Guns and rifles safety 101”.
Then we shoot…
Hubby was having high expectation from me, because I had a marksmen badge from my NPCC (National Police Cadet Corps) days. But he didn’t consider the fact that it happened 20 years ago, when I was young, competitive and not as blind as I am now… Almost everybody got at least one shot, except me! I did managed to shoot off a flower, which was in the bush behind the target, off its stem though…
The final station was dart-throwing. Hubby was good!
2 little brains working hard to calculate the score on the dart board.
Even Angel managed to score some points at this station and me, my darts were mostly in front, on the ground of the dart board and one was stuck in the bush behind it….
I’m not so good when it comes to games, but it was fun! And while we were playing, mom and I took turns keeping an eye on the small ones and they were busy as well!
It was Chris’s first time coming in contact with grass! And he really enjoyed it! He was pulling at the grass, slapping at the flowers… yeah, his motor skills are still developing...
Ivan LOVED the pool! He became thoroughly soaked very soon…
So, we decided to take off his shirt, then his diaper… He really enjoyed running around freely!
Mom was very happy to be able to share some cozy moments with the babies.
After the activities, we lazed around and soon it was time for cake! And what is a midsummer celebration without a strawberry cake!
And while we were having coffee and cake, Jovan was busy adding up the scores. As you may have guess by now, I was in the top 3, not even the top 4 or 5….. (and we were 6 in the competition!)
The cake was good, Ivan was happily filling up his small tummy with grandma’s strawberry cake!
After the coffee break, we were just lazing around (which I love!) and Chris fell asleep.
Later in the evening, we had grilled hotdogs, more coffee and talked late into the night before we went to bed.
The next day, we woke up and mom (or Roy) had already made coffee and set out breakfast. We had breakfast, packed up our things and said goodbye to mom and Roy.
Summer is great!








No comments:
Post a Comment